Dogs don’t get depressed. All right, sometimes we can be a bit grumpy, but most of the time we are content. I do not say happy, although some breeds seem to be happy all the time – labradors, to name one breed. I suspect they are born with their tales wagging! They are happy with anything: a ball, a kind word, a cookie.
I am not that easily satisfied. I am an intelligent and independent dog, I do some thinking before I wag my tail. But there are certain things that make me instantly happy. Here is a list of them:
1. The sun shining directly on my favorite chair behind the window.
2. A slice of pizza where I did not expect it (on the road, in the forest, on the beach, in the car).
3. Going on an adventure with my human M.
4. Going on an adventure with my humans M and P.
6. Sleeping in the sun and M waking me up because we are going to the beach for a second time!
7. Meeting my friends.
8. Little crabs.
Now I think of it, there are a lot of things that make me happy. Like I said: we dogs don’t get depressed. We just love life. We are optimists by nature, always expecting things to stay as good as they are – and if they are not good, expecting them to get better.